26th – 27th May 2018;
10am -1pm ; 2:30pm - 5:30pm;
Price: 126€ - basic materials and shared accommodation included;
Meals are excluded. You can either bring your own or enjoy a light meal at cafe da Videira;
For beginners with or without experience;
7 – 12 people.
Xana Monteiro and Carlos Lima
- A short history of clay.
- Construction of geometric pieces using:
- Sensory techniques;
- Ball and Slab Techniques;
- Decoration on wet, soft and dry pieces;
- Varied textures and polishes.
- Collages and joints for different geometries;
- Finishing of the pieces executed the previous day.
Through a set of techniques that lay the foundation for working with clay we will work with geometric shapes as a theme.
An introduction to the history of this material will bring us in touch with the long tradition of ceramics and inspire us to explore the proposed theme.
Apparently simple forms will challenge us to find the best way to build them.
If you decide to stay in one of our houses you will enjoy a 10% discount.
10% early bird discount if you sign up 3 months before.
Group meals can also be ordered.