17th - 18th February 2018;
10am - 6pm;
Price: 126 € - basic materials and shared accommodation included;
Meals are excluded. You can either bring your own or enjoy a light meal at cafe da Videira;
For beginners with or without experience;
7 - 10 people.
Born in Detmold, Germany, she completed her studies in Art History at the University of Erlangen-Nurnberg, 1985-88.
- Production of unique pieces in leather
- Production of tipis (native american tents)
- Several workshops "How to make Tipis"
- 2001 Creation of the company Feltrosofia with studio in Benfeita / Portugal
- Since 2005 Manual Felting Instructor at CEARTE / Center of Professional Training of Handicrafts in Coimbra
- 2006-2011 Manual Felting Training at CRAT / Regional Center of Traditional Arts
- Several workshops on Hand Felting for adults and children
- 2007 Certificate of Professional Training and Certificate of Professional Aptitude
- Participation in several Craft Fairs and Medieval Fairs in Portugal and Germany
- 2007 Participation in the National Handicraft Prize "Toys"
- 2012 Participation in the FNA Contest "Bilros Lace as a Source of Inspiration"
- Since 2006 Artisan within the network of the Schist Villages stores
- 2013 Participation in the water project Musa, Craft + design Schist Villages
- 2014 Participation in the L4Craft Schist Villages Project
- 2015 Participation in the Agricultura Lusitana project
- Since 2014 in charge of the Schist Villages Shop and Atelier Artefacto in Benfeita / Portugal.
Felting is an age-old technique of combining carded wool with the help of warm water, soap and our hands. The product thus obtained, the felt, is a durable and very versatile "fabric", excellent for the handcrafted production of garments and accessories and allows for a variety of creative and contemporary approaches.
Playing with colours and textures, each participant will make a felt ball to gain experience in this ancient technique and then a small piece of clothing or a panel, always with the support of teacher Steffi.
At the end of the course you will have a cosey piece to take home to face the last days of winter.
If you decide to stay in one of our houses you will enjoy a 10% discount.
10% early bird discount if you sign up 3 months before.
Group meals can also be ordered.